Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Mugs and Kisses - (CTD428)

Happy February 1st!  I'm hostess for this week over at the Color Throwdown Challenge and the color palette I chose is red, pink and chocolate brown.  Hopefully these colors inspire you to create something with love or Valentine's in mind or something with a warm and cozy feel to it.
Before I get to my card, I'd like to welcome this month's Color Throwdown guest designer, Donna Mikasa!
For my card, I used the My Favorite Things stamp set, Hug in a Mug along with the coordinating Hot Cocoa Cups Die-namics.  I started out with a white card base, then used a stitched rectangle die to die cut some red striped designer paper and added a horizontal strip of chocolate brown cardstock with a white scalloped edge.  Next I added with foam tape a white die cut circle with a red mat and my stamped sentiment banner.  After that I die cut my fun cocoa cups and glued all of the pieces together and added them to my die cut circle.  These Hot Cocoa Cups are so fun and I've seen so many cute cards and projects created with them I just had to have them.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Donna Mikasa - February Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

My Favorite Things HUG IN A MUG Clear Stamps LLD48
 

My Favorite Things HOT COCOA CUPS Die-Namics MFT803
 

Pin It

4 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Oh these look delicious! And on a cold night like tonight, they'd not only taste yummy, they'd warm me right up! Such a fun card! Just love this! Bev

Luanne said...

Sooo sweet! I love these colors and your card is fantastic!

Stampingcountry said...

What a fun card! Love those cocoa mug dies.

Georgiana said...

Yummy!