Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Wildflower - (CTD387)

Hi there!  It's Wednesday and time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.  Before I get to my card, I'd like welcome this month's guest designer, Amy Rohl.
For my card I used a new to me stamp set by Concord & 9th, Wildflower.  I used a piece of watercolor paper and stamped my images using a Versa Mark ink pad and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I used some Tim Holtz distress inks, festive berries, spiced marmalade, mustard seed and cracked pistachio to do my watercoloring.  For my sentiment I used the My Favorite Things stamp set, Label Maker Sentiments and stamped them using a black Palette ink pad.  The whole watercolored panel was popped up using foam tape and added to my white card base.  To add a little shimmer to my card, I added some iridescent sequins scattered throughout my flowers.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Amy Rohl - April Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.
Pin It

8 comments:

Lisa H. said...

wow, wow, WOW!!! I love this card, Lynn. the colors are sooooo vibrant and gorgeous. I can't stop looking at it.

Amy Rohl said...

Thanks for the warm welcome, Lynn! Oh my gorgeous, those blooms have me drooling! Have to try this technic soon!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous vibrant colours and beautiful stamping!

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

This is gorgeous! Caught my eye over on Flickr so I had to come over and gush (and pin it). :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, these wildflowers look so amazing with these vibrant colors! LOVE this card!

Brawny x said...

Stunning card. Lovely colours Wow absolutely fabulous. best wishes Lea X
www.cardsbybrawny.blogspot.co.uk

Karen Dunbrook said...

pretty card...

Barbara said...

LOVE those bold flowers and how you colored them, Lynn! Fabulous card!