Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Sending Hugs - (CTD390)

Hello there!  It's Wednesday and time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.
 Today I'm sharing two cards that I created for our colors this week, for both cards I used the Concord & 9th stamp set Wildflower.  For my first card, I used the inspiration photo (above) I liked the clusters of flowers flowing down the cake.  I stamped my flowers using Versa Mark ink and heat embossed them with white embossing powder, then used my Gansai Tambi to watercolor.  For my sentiment I used the My Favorite Things stamp set Label Maker Sentiments which I stamped in enchanted evening ink.  I trimmed down my watercolor panel and adhered it to a more mustard card base and added some white sequins to finish it off.
This second card I almost didn't post, then I thought why not, it might not be my favorite of the two cards but I had fun playing and exploring with a few techniques.  Like my first card I heat embossed my flowers with white embossing powder and then watercolored them.  Then surrounding my flowers I added in a wash of dark blue watercolor.  Once all of that was dry, I used a MFT Diagonal Bars stencil and some chipped sapphire distress ink to stencil ink over top of the dark blue watercoloring.  To make the flowers a little more intense in color, I also sponged on some wild honey distress ink over the yellow flowers and the same chipped sapphire on the blue flowers.  For my sentiment I used the Concord & 9th Sophisticated Script set on vellum and heat embossed in white and used the same Label Maker Sentiments from my first card for the "sending".
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Amy Rohl - April Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

Pin It

9 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

Lynn, your watercoloring is amazing!!! LOVE these cards!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both gorgeous, Lynn!

Wanda Cullen said...

Both of these cards are so gorgeous and you are totally rocking those wildflowers lately! LOVE!!

Luanne said...

How beautiful! I love both your cards!!

Susi said...

Wow! Both lovey cards! Lovely linear floral designs that really show up with that white embossing/watercolouring!

ColorMeCraftsy said...

These cards are beautiful! The colors are perfect!

Falalacards said...

Watercoloring over the flower images was brilliant! Your card really caught my attention and I had to see what you had done. I love both cards!

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, love both cards! Just stunning!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty..